Followers

Thursday 17 May 2012

my first steampunk card !

Hi Everyone hope that you are all well  just want to say a HUGE thanks again for all the lovely comments that have been left on my cards , its very much appeciated and giving me the confidence to try new things hence todays post
so here it is and i hope that you like it !

The card


The topper



heres how i made it
I used an A5 card blank and inked the edges using vintage photo distress ink applied with a make up sponge , next i took backing paper from my Tinkering With Steampunk cd rom and lightly inked it the same as above . I then added a piece of lace from my stash also lightly inked and attatched that and a border and paper ribbon accross the top left hand side of the backing paper at an angle .
I then cut out the topper twice , used one topper to decoupage and used a gold gel pen to highlight in places and give it a little shimmer ( hard to see in the pic ) .
I attatched all this to the card blank using double sided tape and used gold peel offs to border it all .
I then added the " may all your wishes come true " sentiment that was part of a gorgeous parcel of goodies given to me by the lovely Debbi Taylor .
and finished it all by adding card candi and mat bronze sequins from my stash .
The backing paper , topper and border strip were all taken from my Tinkering With Steampunk rom

I hope that you like todays make , thanks for stopping by !
HAPPY CRAFTING !
XXXX




6 comments:

debbi taylor said...

this is great! so many elements to look at! love it xxx

Im just me - Marleen said...

Ah hun I LOVE it, its really cool xx

Sammylou said...

Gorgeous, just love the effect xXx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fantastic Jane! I love it xxx

Hugs
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

Wowzer, love this Tina, just gorgeous, love the background papers and the image fabby xx

Unknown said...

It a great card and i love the colours.

Claire x