Followers

Saturday 13 April 2013

STAMPIN WITH THE DRAGON DT DEBUT! Steampunk theme !

Hi everyone I hope that you are well and happy. Im so excited and happy to have been selected to join the incredibly talented bunch of ladies that are the Stampin With The Dragon design team! Im joining the team as an altered artist wich is absolutely perfect for me . So today I have to share with you  an altered canvas for my first challenge with them and I hope you like it!
 

 
 
Heres how I did it
 8" canvas that i painted a layer of gesso on and allowed it to dry. I then inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick and applied copper meltdust and heat embossed it. I did this twice more but using a gold pearl meltdust on the final layer.
To the corners of the canvas I added paper from the Simply Steampunk pack 1 wich I curled and distressed with Wild Honey Distress Ink .
The topper in the middle is also from the Simply Steampunk pack 1 wich I distressed in the same way as the corner pieces.
The image is the gorgeous Steampunk Lady Image available in the Stampin Dragon store and is designed by Janette Padley. I inked around the edges of her with Wild Honey Distress Ink , I also used pale pearly gold mica powder on the image and Bronze gel pen to highlight her.
The Bronze charms and wooden embelishments are from my stash and have used the Trust and Cherish words as a sentiment as I both trust and cherish those who are closest to me! I have really enjoyed this challenge as I love to alter things and love steampunk!
 
We would love to see you over at the challenge  and are looking forward to seeing everything that you have created! so why not pop over and have a look at what my fellow teamies have created & enter the challenge to be in with a chance of winning the fabby prize thats on offer !
Stamping With The Dragon Links
BLOG:
SHOP:
FB GROUP:
 
Thanks for stopping by
HAPPY CRAFTING!
Hugs & love Tina
XXXX

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a lovely card tina.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

Beautiful canvas, looks like you had fun making it! The steampunk lady is gorgeous, must check it out. x

Kate M said...

Fabulous card Tina - great image and love those charms!!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

I am so loving this canvas Tina. I have just started to do altered art and love it.

Hugs
Linda xxx

flossbite said...

Lovely work Tina...I'm still going to raid you! :-) xxxx

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Popping in from Stamping Dragon Designs Facebook Group WOW Tina this is GORGEOUS Totally love it xx

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is gorgeous. I have that image and love it. Ali x (from the FB Group)

Cumbrianlass said...

Fabulous creation tina, love all the embellishments and the texture they give to this project.
Janet

Unknown said...

This is lovely Tina.

Hugs

JO.xxxx